Just a Heads Up
Yup, I agree, even brick and mortar banks aren't hack free. I have direct payments to several utility companies and other monthly accounts, and all it took was for me to send them a voided check. As you say, anyone, so it seems, that has your account and routing #'s can just ask for the bank to transfer money out of your account into theirs. I'm sure that without them having written authorization, I could easily challenge the payment. I doubt that the bank even verifies my signature on any checks that I write. Our secretary had her outgoing mail stolen once and they "washed" her checks including her signature and then rewrote them. I could never understand why they washed the signatures, but hey, that's why they're called, "dumb criminals" I guess. :o We are fast becoming a cashless society and that definitely leaves us wide open to fraud.

As for the email I get, no, I won't share in your attempt to take $50,000,000 out of Nigeria, nor do I think I've won $250,000 in a lottery or contest that I never entered. I have no desire to try to retrieve that package you say you can't deliver without more info, and feel free to freeze my PayPal, Citibank, Barklay's or B of A accounts, I'm not sending you the info you asked for, even if I did have these accounts...which I don't. Nope

And for those that call pretending to be our grandson, no, I don't believe your being held captive in a Mexican jail, and if you are, that's your problem for getting into that situation. If you are from the IRS, jury board, my bank or even from Microsoft technical dept, please, give me credit, I'm old, but not that old........... :geek:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread