Ongoing car advice
Long story , medium length .....

Years ago the Toronto Star " set up " a car by taking one of the spark plug wires and stripping out the inside of it ...it was essentially only a piece of rubber . They had the rest of the car checked out and all was fine , except the purposely stripped plug wire . They then put a woman driver in the car and had her go to about 10 different garages ( the motor was obviously missing , running on 7 cylinders ) ....both dealership garages and little corner garages . She told each garage rep the same scripted story ....the motor sounded funny and was not running smooth .
The paper then published the findings , complete with names of garages , on the front page . Out of all the garages , one got it right ....a little corner " Joes Garage " type place . The guy lifted the hood , listened to the motor , checked the plug wires and came back to the lady ......" I don't know where you got these plug wires , ma'am , but one is no good !
Lady says " How much will it cost to fix "
Garage Guy " I think I have an old used one out back you can have ....gimme a couple of $$ ...you'll be fine for now ."

All the other garages estimated repairs in the HUNDREDS of $$$ ( this was back in the 70's ) .....and NONE of them got the bad plug wire !

So yes , Robert , you have to be careful . Good Luck .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Messages In This Thread