NCE vs Bachmann Sound Value
jwb Wrote:OK, slap forehead, go DUH! I tried using the programming track and programmed the long address as "0108", not "108", and it worked fine. I had another loco with a 3-digit cab number that I seem to have decided to try 0nnn with from the start, wondering if it would work, and of course it worked. So there we are, a long address of less than four digits apparently needs to be filled out with zeroes. Can anyone confirm this or provide other info?

Clearly DCC has a learning curve. I think I can see the theme of my get off my duff challenge this year!
JWb, some manufacturers decoders require the 0, and some systems require the 0. I knew that but haven't ran into it because all of my units have a 4 digit long address so that of course didn't hit me. I'm glad it worked for you.
Do you have to use the "0" when you aquire it or does the throttle recognise the 108?
As far as learning DCC just use it and when you need to do something different and you find the answer, the information will stick with you.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread