tetter's Duff Challange
Getting there. I managed to get the framing done on the walls and tacked the remaining pieces of hardboard up. I will insulate the walls and a couple of feet of the ceiling. It just makes sense. I also just need to go and get a couple of bags of Roxul to do it. Oddly enough I already have a big roll of plastic sheathing from when I did work on a cottage years ago. So sometime this week I'll go get my insulation and fill in the gaps. Then I'll permanently installed the hardboard and cover up those screw holes.

[Image: IMG-20130203-00388_zpsd82a3f0a.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20130203-00387_zps46d1a0ce.jpg]

The computer monitor on the layout right now is actually going to be hung from the ceiling in the corner at the front of the valence. There will actually be two monitors there which I will use to display a JMRI Operating Panel and other related stuff, like a wireless camera car on the layout. That will happen after I get the backdrop painted.

One more thing. I moved some track too to accommodate my plans to have a saw mill on the layout. This is in the back corner of the layout which would be hard to do once the monitors are up as I don't want to have to move these things once I install them. I had already done the bulk of the work however I needed to spike the final section of spur down. The track on the right is the last section.

[Image: IMG-20130203-00392_zps04004bfd.jpg]

The best thing about this challenge is that its also forced me to clean up my layout area. Which has been in disarray for far too long. With this back drop project I'm starting to think of how I'd like to have a couple of friends or family in my layout area to look at my progress and maybe operate some trains. In order for that to happen, I need to clean my act up first which I am happy to report is coming along as well.

I've also started a second project for this challenge. Instead of sitting on my hands looking at the blank hardboard I've decided to assemble some Tichy USRA 50 Ton Box Car Kits I've had for a couple years still sitting in the box. For that I'll start another challenge thread.

Messages In This Thread