Weekly Photo Fun 1'23 - 1/29/15
bdw9535 Wrote:As Charlie and Ed have said in the past interest in the WPF has dropped off considerably.

Bruce

I wouldn't say my interest has dropped off, but I suppose In my case, I have few pictures worth posting. My layout has more or less become somewhat beat up with age and deferred maintenance, none of my modules make good backdrops for photography (they really need some sort of improved scenery!), and I have no projects truly worthy of sharing in this thread (not that they wouldn't be more worthy of being in my model progress thread).

I do try to click through the photo threads every week, even if I don't comment or post.

I have made some progress to share, I've begun painting my GP40P. Unfortunately, the intuitive paint color to use, "C&O /B&O blue", did not match the other dark blue paint on my CNJ/NJ DOT cars.

Apparently, the C&O had these units (and many of the passenger cars) painted in the C&O scheme to reflect the partial ownership of the then bankrupt CNJ by the C&O (through the B&O just to make things confusing).

B&O royal blue might be better, but that means stripping this shell and starting over! Any advice, or am I out of luck?

[Image: P1252114.jpg]

[Image: P1252115.jpg]

Also, I collected a few new train parts, a Silverliner II Numberboard (Thanks Joe!), a Broad Street Subway Third Rail Shoe, and a New Haven Washboard MU Numberboard.

THe Washboard numberboard is actually a Penn Central numberboard, that someone painted over and put the original numbers on. I'm thinking about stripping the paint from this board to return it to its original PC state.

[Image: P1262149.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread