Ngauger's 2013 Duff Challenge
Eek Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I had to go downstairs and check!!!!!!

Here is what I have so far:
  • It's a DC Motor
  • The original Bachmann Power Pack that came with the set is 16 V DC - measured at the track "feeds"
  • My layout (Crest Radio control) is 18V DC - I read the voltage at the track
  • 5 weeks ago I had it on the layout running just the frame with nothing else, it would sputter, but it would run. I ran it back and forth a few times - about 5 ft each way - Then it stopped running and started just "Sputtering"
  • I took it apart and cleaned all the contacts inside and it started running again - 5 ft again a few times forward and back
  • I built the wood frame around it taking care to give 3/8" clearance around all wheels and drive bars
  • Now, 5 weeks later it's back to sputtering Sad Sad
  • I tested it on the layout (18V) and it wont "run" it just takes a shot of voltage and moves about 1/4" Wallbang
  • I took it apart today, tested the "pickup" connections with the 18V and 24V power supplies and even when I go directly to the motor leads, It just sputters, then stops.
  • I went down just now and tried it again with the original power supply (touching the leads to the drive wheels) and it sputtered, then after i kept touching the leads to the wheels, I got a half turn out of the wheels and it went back to just the "sputter"

Are we having FUN yet?????? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

and --- just in case anyone asks.... Today was the first time i put 24V to it and that's actually the power pack rating, so it's more like 18V-22V out
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread