Freelance 2013
Andy, thanks for the CF7 explanation that matches my knowledge and the wonderful CF7 book.

I assume the same is basically true for the GP7U also done in Cleburne some time after the CF7 series has been completed. I do usually not use the misleading term "Topeka cab" but angled cab. I do not have any books or detailed information of the GP7u. Can you confirm the angled cabs of the GP7u and CF7 had the same or very similar dimensions? That is my assumption and the reason why I am using modified Athearn CF7 angled cabs for my GP7u conversions.

Do you know why Cleburne did the GP7u again with some round roofs (modified) but mostly angled roofs. They have been through that learning process with the CF7.

Another topic is the location of the front lights. I understood many have been moved from the cab into the nose in the 1980's. That change had no relation to the CF7 or GP7u conversion programs. One reason why there are GP7u with front light in the cab (unmodified) and in the nose (modified) just like GP30, GP38.....

ps. Cab and nose met the rattle can on the balcony. The yellow paints dries extreme slow..... no more action until late tomorrow Sad
[Image: file_zpscf067bda.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread