An Eastern Car Works Passenger Car
Michael, you might want to investigate Brass Carsides (not sure if that's the name of the company) - they offer brass overlays for both Rivarossi and Eastern Car Works cars, in many prototype variations. My LHS even has a bunch on sale - I could check next week when I go down there to see if they have the proper sides.

As for the trucks (it took a little searching), I found a suitable starting point, if you can find them. They're from Model Die Casting (Roundhouse - now part of Horizon Hobbies). They call them Challenger-style trucks - the 1995 Walthers catalogue shows them as part 480-2934, at $1.75/pair. They have the distinctive coil spring hangers/retainers of the prototype and, over-all, look very similar to those of your prototype. The main difference that I can see is that there are two brake cylinders on each side, instead of one.
[Image: MDCpassengertrucks.jpg]

Try writing (not an e-mail) to Horizon - they may have some left or suggest who might, as some stock was sold to other companies when MDC was taken-over.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread