E-paw's Orphan challenge part 2
I started working on the control panel for bath, It's just like all the others I have done.. A thin scrap of plywood with a few switches installed in it, and a copy of the track plan drawn on it. I was lucky enough to catch a D&H train heading west with some empty coal hoppers in tow.    

By the time I got the switches installed the cabin was just going past. You'll notice that I changed my mind and decided not use dwarf signals for the indicators. Now I've relocated them to the panel.    

What I normally use to mount the panels is a piano hinge on the back of the panel. That will mount to the bench work. This allows me access to the switches for maintained by just lifting it up. Here I have mounted it upside down to make it easier to work on.    

A little more work done here,, I also like to use a hot glue gun to secure the wire to the back of the panel. OOOO!!! and look,,, The LNE has got a cement train headed for Jersey with a L-1 on the point.    

By the time the train had passed I managed to complete the wiring of the panel. I also installed a terminal strip at the bottom of the panel where the wires will connect to the rest of the layout.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread