rolling stock car truck repair
Charlie B Wrote:Leon, If you have one of the axle tools from micro mart you could fill the axle socket one side at a time with a compatible plastic and recut the bearing surface. You would have to do this one side at a time letting the plastic cure on the one side, then cut the bearing, then do the other side. The other and best way would be to replace the trucks.
Charlie

Cheers Cheers

Walthers carried a coupler mount that attached to the floor of the car, and had a spring loaded arm that acted in about the same way as the arm mounted/cast as part of the truck. I used those on some scratchbuilt Auto Racks. The axle TOOL, is a highly recommended addition to any one's tool box....I have two of them...one in the "home" box, and one in the smaller portable box that I take to shows..."just in case".
I would personally add to Charlie B's comment.... find a replacement truck set, and then, see if you can figure out a way to fix the old one. If you "mess the old one up, beyond belief" , so be it, put the new trucks on.
I have really messed up a few things in the past, but have eventually figured out how to fix the mistakes. Aside from being able to use those things again, I have "learned". I feel sorry for the people "who have never made a mistake", they've never really learned anything. Wink Icon_twisted
My "signature" is what it is, because It Works For Me.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread