FORD Auto Module
Hi Guys,

so i have been staring at my Walthers Cornerstone Series FORD Auto Plant structures for the past 2 days. I had 2 Stamping Plants, 2 Assembly Plants, and 1 Distribution Facility. I still need to get one more Distribution Facility. Anyways, i was sick of just looking at them sitting in the boxes in kit form, so i cracked them open, here is what i have come up with so far in the past 3 days. Ive spent most of the last 3 days building these 2 MASSIVE buildings

I combined both my Stamping Plants to make a longer structure. I added in 4 Shipping and Receiving dock doors for rail cars, and 2 shipping dock doors for trucks. The Assembly Plant was a bit of a challenge, and i had to arrange the doors in a way that would work for me. I combined both kits, one kit along builds a HUGE building measuring 23-1/8" long x 11-13/16" wide, i doubled the length and kept the width. On the second part of the building, i made the wall go in to half of the 11-13/16" to allow room for the depression of the sunken truck docks for Shipping and Receiving. This way, i can have a full 53' trailer sitting at a dock, and still have plenty of room to pull a trailer out of a dock next to it, make the turn and travel down the side of the building, without having the truck go off the module lol.

The Distribution Facilities will be located in 2 different parts of the modules. One will be in front of the blank wall on the right side of the Assembly Plant, and the other will be behind the Stamping Plant, both will load Auto Rack Train Cars and trucks.

on the very right side of the module, where the "office" part of the Assembly Plant is, there will be a small parking lot. Here are some pics of the start showing the placement of the 2 buildings. THIS IS BY FAR THE LARGEST BUILDING I HAVE EVER BUILT lol

[Image: SL372862.jpg]

Showing the overall of the module. its 7' long x 2' wide

[Image: SL372863.jpg]

Overall view of the Stamping Plant

[Image: SL372864.jpg]

[Image: SL372865.jpg]

[Image: SL372867.jpg]

Close-up of the Shipping and Receiving Docks on the Assembly Plant for trucks. The docks are at ground level, and i will have to carve a depression for trailers to be at the right height for the docks

[Image: SL372868.jpg]

Assembly Plant has Rail Access too

[Image: SL372869.jpg]

Wayne Assembly Plant

[Image: SL372870.jpg]

Random FORD Sign lol

[Image: SL372871.jpg]

The side of the "office part" of the Assembly Plant

[Image: SL372872.jpg]

And here is what the front of the "office" looks like, i couldnt get the camera over there for a shot cuz it was on a tri-pod lol

Whatcha Guys Think? There are some areas on the Assembly Plant that need some touch up painting too....

More pics and progress to come soon
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread