FORD Auto Module
conrailmike Wrote:Josh, that module looks AWESOME! Nice work! My one and only nit pick would be that your loading ramps need to be yellow. Most, if not all loading ramps at an auto plant or mixing center are some shade of that color. I would imagine it's for some sort of safety reason.

It's a real shame you don't see the 86' or the 60' boxcars these days as much. I don't know about Ford, but most of the GM plants don't have parts delivered by rail anymore.

I had two of those auto loading ramp kits awhile back and sold them....I could kick myself for doing that because you can't find them anywhere these days.

Oh, get those F-150's out of there.... Wayne Assembly only builds cars Goldth If you decide to add any locomotives to it, you might consider CSX units as they're the one who switches the auto loading ramps. Of course, Norfolk Southern also serves the plant on the other side too.

Thanks for the reply Mike! I actually tore the whole module down and apart, I had a guy email me saying he was interested in the module and wanted me to add a few things so he could fit it in his layout, so I ripped it apart and came up with a new track plan design for it. I'll try and get some pictures of the track plan and some progress pictures Ive got so far later this evening for you guys to see
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread