GEC's Layout Progress
In the spirit of my round robin approach to everything, i've started rehabing my GP40FH-2 NJ transit commuter locomotive. I've had it for years, and i've even modified an athearn frame to fit it properly, but I rarely photographed it because i did a horrible job on the paint and accidentally put gouges in the shell. I've just filled in the deepest ones, and i'm in the process of doing just a little repainting to reveal where the problem spots are.

Because the paint was so badly gummed up, i'm going to replace the old fans with Cannon & Co fans,and modify some S&S hobbies F40PH grills to fit my the GP40FH-2.

I've also ordered the frame for the NJ Transit PL42AC, as well as truck sideframes. since i already have a motor, drive, and trucks, the model should be running as soon as i install a decoder in it.

I've also acquired decals for the PL42AC and ALP46, so those will at least have completed shells soon.

I hope to get new decals to repair my C32-8, which is, like the GP40FH-2, in good shape details wise, but horrible shape paint/decal wise, so i'm going to have to get a new set of "Conrail Ballast Express" decals.

finally, i have another E60MA i'm going to start on as soon as the PL42AC, and C32-8 are finished. I'll try to finish the GP40FH-2 along side it, and then if i'm lucky, the parts for the ALP46 will be out in time for me to start building it before the year is out.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread