GEC's Layout Progress
In an effort to avoid stalling (still waiting on sides, still need to get to the hobby shop for decoders), I've picked up my other earlier project, Conrail #7499, an ex-LV GP18. Sure enough, I open that little P2k parts bag, and stuff goes missing (or maybe was never there) immediately!

I'm not sure how, but apparently some stuff flicked to floor. Fortunately, the only parts I'm missing are a coupler cut bar and a few grab irons. Thankfully, I have spares from my CNJ GP7 project, since the lighting cabinet modification makes the long hood grab irons surplus.

speaking of which, I should probably work on that one too. There are a few odds and ends to complete before I begin painting that engine. It would be nice to get the CNJ GP7s done for this year's show season as well, but given the difficulty finding the appropriate paints for the NJ DOT paint scheme, I'm not sure I want to rush it.

talltim Wrote:Not got much to say, but that I always find stuff you post inspiring, so don't get disheartened. The modelling mojo comes and goes.

Thank you! It certainly seems to. I think I just need to get back to some easier stuff, and just not let myself get so overwhelmed.

Tyson Rayles Wrote:The layout is looking great.

I wish! I'm till thinking about taking it down, but then I'm not sure I'll be able to replace it with something better.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread