GEC's Layout Progress
acelaphillies Wrote:Looking good there! That Metroliner sure looks nice! Thumbsup When you say there are no decals available, I assume you mean for the face? There are decals if you wanted to repaint the side stripes: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=87-1383&Store_Code=MD&search=metroliner+penn&offset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=">http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/mer ... ange_high=</a><!-- m -->

Yes, I have that set. It would just be much easier to only do the face, since if I went that route, I'd have to find a chrome paint close enough the Walthers metal finish, paint over the strips and repaint the underbody, and the end caps. Either way, its not a pretty project.

Quote:Looking at pictures of NJDOT E8's that definitely is a pretty good curve on the nose! But hey, just be glad you don't have to paint a Southern Ry. unit! Sometimes when I am painting curves, I like to cut my masking tape into small sections. You can only bend tape so much, but if you put enough small pieces next to each other, it will make a curve. After all, a circle is just an infinite amount of tiny points. Idk, maybe try it out if you are looking for ideas. It has worked for me.

I did that when I did a Metro North GP40 for someone, but I wasn't 100% happy with it. What I might try to do, is find a similar decal, print it out, and cut the masking tape based on that.

Quote:Last time you updated we got to talking about the HHP-8. I tried using your polishing method, but to no avail Nope . I was using like 2500+ grit too! It was impossible to get the blue of the logos without messing up the silver. Oh well. I wound up just completely taking off the logos and will try to find a silver that matches to repaint it.

Yeah, its a pain in the butt with the Bachmann units. its the sort of thing you really have to do really slowly.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread