GEC's Layout Progress
Here is a few shots of some of the more recent equipment I picked up. I forgot to photograph the locomotives I'm painting now, so I'll save them for later.

In any event:

Conrail 6288, ex-CNJ, exx B&O

This is a model I had been thinking about attempting, and then Athearn came out with the base CNJ model. Technically, 6288 was formerly CNJ 3064, but no one will notice this once the patches are on!

The main challenge here will be "unpatching" the B&O lettering. The model currently has visible "patched" over the former B&O markings, which would still be appropriate VERY early in the Conrail years. However, by 1979, the B&O logos were starting to show through. It was bad enough that someone attempted to cover the B&O lettering directly with what looks like black paint, and even that wasn't sticking.

Indeed, this locomotive's appearance seems to shift every few months, so I'm banking on the RRpictureArchive photos from November 1979 being pretty close to its June 1979 appearance.

[Image: P1090042.jpg]

If you look closely, you can see the B&O Capital logos coming through behind the CR patches.

[Image: 6288%2011-18-79.jpg]

[Image: 6288%2011-18-79a.jpg]

CDOT GP38 #253

My LHS talked me into buying some of these when he learned I had picked up some CDOT cars for my FL9. As it turns out, the two cars eightyeightfan1 sent to me are a perfect match for the GP38, as it appears GP38s were only with CDOT relatively briefly, and his custom painted cars match that era (the Walthers cars As-sold are an older scheme).

[Image: P1090043.jpg]

[Image: 6157.1110331260.jpg]

Amtrak F40PH #200

I had hoped these roamed the system a little more so I could justify it as one that traveled on the diesel portions of the Broadway Limited, but this one worked out of Boston. On the plus side, almost any Amtrak train I model in New Jersey that goes to Boston would eventually end up behind an engine like #200, so it works.

[Image: 20170108_170819.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread