GEC's Layout Progress
Well, I figure this needs an update. Rather than the normal wordy updates, I'm just gonna post a couple pictures and caption them (and then word bomb for those who still have the patience!).

First up, the Conrail X73 me and my girlfriend put together:

[Image: newstuff019.jpg]

This is what things will eventually look like, if stuff goes right.

[Image: newstuff007.jpg]

This is the new "look." Yeah, its still getting there. as you can sort of see, the new tracks are in place, and I've even started getting them painted this past friday (more on that in a second). I think i just need to reconnect a few wires, and it should all work.

The E33 needs a decoder, but should otherwise be fine. The E44 is going to need an E33's frame, since the drive is just to old, even with a new motor and new decoder. i could put some more elbow-grease into it, but i don't think it would pay to do so. Luckily, E33s come real cheap from some websites, so when i get some extra money, I'll pick up a few.

The Silverliner IIs also need work, including closer couplers, and a new power truck/decoder. There is a lot of lighting fixtures in them already, and those I'll replace when i can. These will be an easy rehab once i get the power truck for it. It needs a strange 9' power truck with 33" wheels, so I'll have to find one. I know the black beetle company has them, but I'll have to hunt them down.

The Magic Pan bakery is one wall being propped up by an AEM7, but right now my girlfriend and I are assembling that. We just started on painting it, and I'm thinking by next week it will be done. For the purposes of education, i wish i was taking a video. She was using an Airbrush for the first time, and she was doing just fine. In fact, she did perfectly. Meanwhile, i was the one making silly mistakes! In fact, i knocked over a whole jar of RR Tie Brown paint, and we ended up rushing to paint my tracks so that the paint wouldn't get wasted. despite the large number of tracks and things that needed that paint, there was still a big puddle, but my jar is luckily still more than half full.

I might remove one spur track (closest to the mainline) so that catenary will fit better, since i don't really see a need for this track with my current plans. Most places similar to Magic pan have at most three corn syrup tank cars, and maybe a box car or two by the main building, and the piping provided by the kit only can fit about 2 Atlas pressuraide cars, and maybe three single bay Air slide hoppers.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread