GEC's Layout Progress
Well, I repositioned my layout again so that i have a better approach for building an addition, cleaned some stuff up, repaired some old buildings, and set them up for one more photo shoot. I was hoping i could save my Plastic Pellet Transfer, but there is no room anywhere else for the Magic Pan bakery's silos. Its looking like my new Magic Pan Bakery kit is going to dominate the layout.

The Plastic pellet transfer was the first structure i knew i wanted to have for an HO layout. It had all the piping and fittings, and looked a lot more interesting back in 2004 than the same old railroad Depots and other generic structures. I had originally intended to use George Roberts Printing, the Bralick Building, the Plastic Pellet Transfer, Oil Loading racks (and related oil structures like the truck loading dock and a guard house), and a Rix modern highway. anything else was just stuff to add in.

As of now, the "butterfly" station, Highway and the bralick building are the only kits that remain.

And so, transferring its last load of plastics to a DSM Melamine Pressuraide hopper, is the oldest structure on my layout.

[Image: 61809buildings007.jpg]

Here is a similar seen WAY back sometime in 2005. In fact, this photo was taken four years ago yesterday. I guess i went from a highschool freshmen to a college freshmen in that time span. Imagine that! You can see some key structures taking shape in the background.

[Image: ge44tonnerparked.jpg]

Similarly, American Hardware supply was one of my favorites. While originally i was unhappy to have to use it instead of Geo. Roberts printing, i grew to like the kit very much, and i am sad to see it go, but progress is progress! It is still in excellent shape, and like the plastic pellet transfer, probably has a place on anything new i build.

[Image: 61809buildings011.jpg]

Unfortunately, So much planning went into using this structure that i now have lots of people, vehicles, and scenery meant to support it's scene that now will have to find a new home. These workers and forklifts will have to find a new job. the news stand can probably make it in a similar location to where i intended for it. The truck will have to move with the building.

[Image: 61809buildings010.jpg]

A supervisor oversees the last load from American Hardware supply at this location.

[Image: 61809buildings008.jpg]

In March of 2005, nearly everything was a mock up made from either packing foam, paint cans, blocks, or Xbox game cases.

[Image: 1000039img2.jpg]

7 months later in October, my layout has the basic shape it will have retained for the past 4 years, even though its far from complete.

[Image: img0234.jpg]

If you want to know what it all looks like up to now, just scroll through previous pages, But now, the sun sets...

[Image: 73007036le5.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread