GEC's Layout Progress
Quick update-

I've ordered PRR Catenary insulator details (for the catenary), Fiber Optics (for the Arrows, and anything else that needs light), and fresh new decals for my C32-8

Speaking of my C32-8, i'm repainting it, since it's paint was a disaster the first time around. This time I plan to get the decal placement absolutely correct (there were some errors before), and the paint dead on.

The Arrow III EMU model only needs this lighting to be completed before i can finish the outside of it, so the fiber optics is welcome.

Also, My E44 is no longer painted. I have disassembled as much as i could without having to break out the soldering iron (its brass), and now i have a fresh, clean brass body shell. I left the walk way, side sills, and pilots alone, i can copy those with styrene easily, but the body shell will be difficult.

I plan to make a mold of the E44 and cast myself several new E44 bodies (then i can have a few PRR, Conrail, and i'll repaint the brass one back into Penn Central), and even see if i can't modify one casting to make an E44A, the 5,000 silicon-diode rectifier variant of the E44.

I plan to power them with modified E33 frames.

I also think i might have time to fix and finish the decals on my PL42AC and ALP46 models.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread