GEC's Layout Progress
Well, here is what i'm working on right now. Just to show that i have to much stuff on my plate. Not pictured is an E60C (single ended freight version of the E60s i run), F40PH, U34CH, Arrow III maried pair, ALP46, and PL42AC, which also need to get finished (I'm thinking the PL42AC might be ready soon since a frame is out for it. At the very least a motor will be in it).

My Arrow III single car is coming along, but it might need another coat of Stainless steel metalizer (and this time i better seal it!). I haven't yet worked on the underbody since i plan to power this car, and I want to wait until i have a powered truck for it.

[Image: 121808006gc9.jpg]

I've got a couple GP15-1 locomotives to build. I'm inching along, but here is the first painted shell. I need to work on the frame some more, and get the right decals. It is a smokey valley kit with Cannon & Co noses, cabs, ends, and some other details. I have another smokey valley frame, and a Walthers GP15-1 frame that i'll probably steal for the third Conrail unit(although i might get a railflyer frame if i can). The shell on the walthers one has the "Farr" air filters, and so i will probably make this a BNSF unit if i'm ever bored.

[Image: 121808001xr9.jpg]

[Image: 121808003qy8.jpg]

[Image: 121808004dh3.jpg]

My C32-8 is doing "OK". the paint and decals have pretty much bombed me. THe paint was good initially, but the decals and the dullcote messed it up. Its a combination of trying to put decals on a flat surface (You should really gloss cote a model before installing decals, even a dirty locomotive like the C32-8), and then getting the dullcote contaminated in my airbrush with some dark paint that must have still been in there. It doesn't bother me so much that its faded the paint, but to many decals have since cracked and peeled, so the unit needs to get redone. Besides, i noticed some inconsistencies on the large black "conrail quality" side lettering.

Otherwise, the model is fine. Almost all the details are in place, and I'm sure if the shell were stripped it would look beautiful. So just ignore the missing decals, as well as the handrail or two that are missing. (also need to intall sand fillers, windows and class lights, but thats later).

[Image: img2010hy8.jpg]

Full pilot detail. the ditchlights will be lighted.

[Image: img2005modifiedut7.jpg]

The rear was a bit more sparse.

[Image: img2001sh1.jpg]

The other side. because the dull cote had some gray paint in it, it REALLY faded out the lettering. I'm going to replace it, since even on their dieing days, the C32-8s had dark lettering.

[Image: img2006ql0.jpg]

Here are new couple pockets supports i made so that the couplers would be the right height with the opening in the shell and the rails. I used a tap to screw in some styrene. The styrene will also be reinforced with more styrene later, and also some two par epoxy to hold it in place. Its a tight spot, but the Kade #38 couplers will fit in that area and it will be clear even on 18" curves, so i'm set.

[Image: img2000bi0.jpg]

This is to be Amtrak E60MA #604 when i get around to it. This is a later Walthers E60 kit, but except for some slight details, is essentially the same as my other American GK models (technically walthers bought them out)

[Image: 121808005br4.jpg]

Finally the model of the CNJ caboose 91291 i rebuilt in real life for my eagle project is moving along. The main difference is that this one has all of it's parts, lol! The thing looks like something nibbled off the steps and the ends of the platforms... THe model still has a long way to go, but thats because i only work at it little by little.

[Image: img2012cq7.jpg]

thats about it for now!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread