GEC's Layout Progress
Trucklover Wrote:Thanks Chris!! Ill look for them next time im at Best Buy Misngth

BTW, i LOVE that firsts hot you posted Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Well, i just got all the couplers and things on that train set up right, and i'm taking it to the club tonight to make sure it runs. I'll take a couple videos so you ca n see it roll, its a fun train! I just wish i had more viewliners.

Russ Bellinis Wrote:ith straight cut gears there may not be anyway to make it quieter.

I didn't think so, lol. I'm thinking i might just try and make them pretty. Atleast the metroliners can look good, lol. I might try replacing one of the dummys with powered trucks like the PDT, depending on how well they work on my Arrow III EMU cars.

Speaking of which, I have ret again repainted it, this time putting a single coat of Alclad chrome over the whole shell except for the ends. AS it turns out, the Stainless Steel metalizer i buffed on previously has the perfect textrue for the smooth portions, and so with a single coat of the alclad, it shines they way the prototype does, without being shinier than the fluted sides. If it weren't for the dusty basement, i think it would be perfect. Next time i need to wash the cars then store them immeadiately after spraying them. My arrow had it worse than anything though, my Metroliner Cab car (which got the same Alclad treatment) only had minimal dust, and i didn't even brush it off from the past 3 years of storage (the Arrow IIIs i only got in october).
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread