GEC's Layout Progress
I was at the Worlds Greatest Hobby tour today, and it was alright. It was actually kinda funny, the traffic reports said it was horrible getting off the highway at the exit for it, but I only had a small problem parking. Otherwise traffic was smooth.

It was pretty fun, since it passed 30th street station, and i got a good look at Amtrak AEM7 #909 heading north, a PCC street car, Silverliner IVs, and a couple metroliner cab cars.

At the show it was ok, but i didn't stay to long, and i'm notorious for not paying nearly as much attention to the displays as i should. I did see some of the new Athearn and Walthers stuff.

best of all though, i found a power truck that matches my Arrow III EMU, so now i just need some elbow grease and a decoder, and i should have it working (at least very basically).

I also bought a Conrail 3 bay center flow hopper. Its pretty cool actually, because its one of 100 Conrail Historical Society special edition repaints of Accurail's Erie Lackawanna hopper with the old "Erie Lackwanna" lettering blanked out (clearly) an with conrail reporting marks and a small conrail logo in the corner. The only hint of the car's heritage is the retention of the EL "diamond", which i thought was pretty cool. I actually have the unmodified Erie Lackawanna car already, so i'll have to post pictures of them together.

pictures soon.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread