Good luck with the new/old board
ezdays Wrote:That's kind of hard to predict. We've had some start-up costs, obviously, and they've been covered, the monthly fees right now are minimal, but could change in a hurry of we need more storage or bandwidth. We could also incur additional costs if we add extras like a chat room or some other non-standard goodies. One of our members has generously offered us hosting space, but we're already committed for a year, so we do appreciate his offer.

I'm not trying to be evasive, but for now, Mikey, myself and one other person have things covered for now out of our own personal bank accounts. If our costs for running this escalates beyond what it is, and it should as we grow, we would appreciate any help at all, even the smallest donations are welcome, but none are required.

by Squidbait on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:42 pm [ Quote]

Don,

Can you give us an idea of the overhead that you've got to keep the board running? What sort of a figure do you need to keep it going on an annual basis?
Don,

Can you give us an idea of the overhead that you've got to keep the board running? What sort of a figure do you need to keep it going on an annual basis?

Don, squidbait has a good point If we had some idea of what kind of costs are needed covered it would make it a real simple job of everybody see to it that all of you don't end up paying for keeping things going & end up with the short end of the stick.
I am sure that the bunch that hangs out here are responsible enough that none of us would mind contributing enough that between us we can make this a going concern with out you having to dig into your kids college funds.
As you said , you don't want to act like PBS , but that could happen if no one knows what kind of expense is involved, perhaps some of the members have some idea, but I know I don't have a clue. If we have some idea we could see if say --- a 25.00$ donation would be a reasonable figure if done every 6 months or so or if more would be appropriate or ?????????
For that matter, since you guys did all this at least as much for all the members as yourself, why should you bear all the start up costs alone??
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread