Building a Module; CAT Equipment Rental Building
After assembling a small section from my old old layout (layout i had before i started the shelf layout). This will allow me a 30"x6' workbench space to work on the M&ET modules. it also gave me a chance to bring down the CAT Rental Module and do some more work on it.

Upon bringing it down from way up high on the wall, i soon saw just how bad the module had gotten. It was COVERED in dust A very HEAVY and THICK layer of dust coated the entire module I need to build a cover type system to cover modules while there being stored on the wall so this doesn't happen anymore

I vacuumed the entire module off so now its better and no more dust, well I'm sure there is still dust caked in the scenery, but its a heck of a lot better then it was, and a little dust adds character to the scene and adds a touch more realism i think

ive also noticed that the CAT yard and the top of the CAT building have crumbled and lots of cracks appeared in the ballast. NOT a good sign. i will have to fix these. Shouldn't be to hard to fix I'm hoping lol

Things to do on the layout:

* Fix the cracks in the CAT yard and CAT building roof
* Touch up the paint and touch up the roads with some Smooth-It
* Take up the lines on the road and pant my own (adhesive backing on the lines is coming up....)
* Make the concrete slabs for the Great West Pre-Stress Yard and Building
* Finish the rest of the guard rails running the length of the module
* Do a Construction Scene on the bridge. The bridge is going to get widened
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread