Building a Module; CAT Equipment Rental Building
Got a little more work done on the new forms for the new abutments.

I was looking at some pictures of some bridges that are being expanded in real life and was noticing some of the details. One thing I noticed was the very large steel beams that were placed vertically in the ground with the steel plates behind them as in these 2 pictures:

[Image: ballona-2475-800.jpg]

[Image: Picture2_800.jpg]

I made my version using Evergreen beams and some cut up steel plates that I usually use for the steel plates to cover wholes on the streets. The other wood form that has been set infront of the steel beams and plates is the form that will make the front of the abutment. I still need to make another form that buts up against the vertical steel beams to make the back of the front wall for the abutment. Once I do that Ill stick a bunch of re-bar sticking up vertically coming out the top.

Ive also laid some more Plaster down to carve the access ramps to get down to the work area on both sides of the bridge. I havnt started the other abutment on the other side of the bridge, but this one will be further along then the one that is pictured below and the form for the front wall of the abutment will have already been removed and the wall will have been poured and the next phase will be in progress.

Here are some more pictures

[Image: SL370043.jpg]

[Image: SL370044.jpg]

[Image: SL370045.jpg]

[Image: SL370046.jpg]

[Image: SL370047.jpg]

[Image: SL370048.jpg]

[Image: SL370051.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread