Current Project
nkp_174 Wrote:Trucklover, will you be building your bridge out of plastic, brass, or wood?

The bridge as it stands right now is a single section of Rix Products Wrought Iron Overpasses. I will be getting one more like it to "extend" it and make it wider. The bridges are only 2 lanes wide, and when i say 2 lanes wide, there barely 2 lanes lol, 2 of my rigs side by side on the bridge dont have much room to "pass" each other without running into each other LOL

Ill be getting a crane and some more i-beams as well. Im also going to extend the bridge abutments out using styrene. I am getting some scale lumber to make some wood forms for the new parts of the abutments. This will simulate the forms that would be in place to pour the concrete in. I will also lay out some re-bar (piano wire) in the forms. I have not yet decided weather the bridge will actually get completed or re-main a construction scene lol, but i might as well get the other bridge section in case i decide to complete it and take all the construction out lol

Hoping to get some of the materials i need to start the expansion by the new year :mrgreen: so its an ongoing project just like a real construction site :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread