ocalicreek's kitbash summer '09 challenge
This is a bump to bring up this thread again, since I'll be working on it again. After having finished one of the three Hart Gons for the Spring 2010 contest, I decided to box the other two and get back to this structure/diorama. As mentioned above, the plan here is to use this as a base for my stonework technique and an article to go with it. But even if that article isn't picked up and published, it's time to turn my attention back to a structure project again.

Gardening keeps getting rain-delayed which is good for modeling time, I guess. We've had overcast days without much rain, but I've been at work. And, after the gondola was finished I actually managed to spend an hour or two reassembling my wife's sewing table. It's a nice design but it was one of those easy assemble pressboard & veneer jobs. When we tried to load it in the recent move, it fell apart...sortof like the Blues Brothers car near the end of that film.

That's part of a grander scheme to get our spare bedroom ready for family coming in May...all predicated on getting the bonus room prepped as my modeling closet and layout area. Once it was cleaned I could reassemble the sewing table, then use the bonus room as staging for clearing clutter out of the spare room. As Hannibal Smith would say, I love it when a plan comes together! Wink

All that to say, keep an eye on things here for updates on the waterworks diorama. I hope to get everything in place tonight. Clearing away the gondola project means gettting the tools in order for the closet/workbench and migrating the structure stuff upstairs next.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread