Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Thanks, Beamish and Russ.

- Connectors - A friend insired me to use such small connectors becaus I did not have a clear conception for wiring in first phases of my digitalizing project. And his mean was a great help to me. First I startet with a single front lamp, than I added two red rear lamps and now I'm adding a white rear lamp for reversing and now I must realize a new electrinic concept with this step because the white rear LED can't shine while the bus is running forward.
I have also a few more adventage because I can separate the housing with decoder, speacer and all lamps from the frame with power feeders and motor and so I can make a few additional detailing work with these parts only where I would do it. However I know also nobodY will need these connectors after finishing of model. However a special adventure for using these connecter is given by the wide space inside if this model; I don't know if I could do it with the limited space in tender of a small switcher.

- Front coupler - Russ, it is correct that the long front overhang can bring problems while coupling in curves. The models run very vell through sharp curves and I teste it down to radius of 20". And there the front coupler will not couple with other models, That is correct.
However what I would like to do is primarily to run the rail coach together with one or also two additional cars from station to station. And than I would like to do a bit of switching work in order to set the cars to a company with a track connection. I know that there are located often very sharp curves however than I must choice more straight track parts for coupling and decoupling the cars. An additional fact is that I installed (back) and will install (front) the small #158 (or #153) wisker couplers from Kadee for a more reality like impression of the model; no. 5 couplers are too large for this. And I know also that the smaller #153/#158 couplers need a few more requirements for a good coupling process than the larger Kadees. However I love thsi dream with a few switching options than that is this what my friends of the FREMO - US-division and I like to do, running trains after way bills and switching in order to realize a reality-near train concept.
However I will add a last word here. The most time my model will stand in my show case at home.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread