Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Doc, thank you very much for your help!

I will try to realize what I can do. I would wish to have two-color LEDs shining white and red. However those are not available as micro LEDs and I do not know if such LEDs exist in greater dimensions. I think with three color leds will this be to realize again. However here I must drill holes with a drill bit no. 60 in three directions into the marker lamps - through the markers for front and back lenses, from the side and from below for inserting the LED. I hope that there will be rests of material which are looking how marker lamps. However all the holes will not give enough room for two LEDs. I think that I should it realize your ideas by using white LEDs in the markers including the white front and back head lamps and also the two red back lamps and the one red back-up lamp at front. However the use of dimmed white lamps at rear side (in both directions) while switching is a very good idea - here in Germany all lamps in front and backside must have been full lighted while switching - in the steam time. Today's lightening rules could be changed.

Thanks - and I will present my results here.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread