E-paw's kitbash summer '09 challenge
Then I decided to work on the way that I was going to get power from the bridge to the car float. I wanted a way that was hidden from view and not be some clunky cable that I would have to hide. After some thought I came up with this.     I cut a grove in the hold down pins that connect the bridge to the barge and glued a section of brass rod in it. Next I soldered up some wipers that fit in under them where they slide out of on the bridge.     They make contact with the hidden rod when the hold down pins are extended out to lock the car float in place. That will in turn make contact with another set of contacts on the barge (when I put that together) basically a mirror image of what I have here, bringing power out to it. When it was all put together it looks like this.     The other end of the wire will be soldered to the under side of the rail on the apron. All of the tracks on the carfloat system are to be on one block, I am using plain old cab control and not dcc. If I was to change over this wiring would work out just fine for dcc also.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread