E-paw's kitbash summer '09 challenge
On to the head house.... This part I tossed around a little, just wasn't to sure of what to do.I looked at some pictures of other aprons to get some Ideas. I found some that were completely devoid of this structure, just with 2 exposed wheels over the counter weights. Although interesting they kind of looked not right to me and unfinished looking. I saw plenty wooden ones that looked cool (nice and weathered), but there is already lots of wood in the seen with the retaining wall and pilings. I realy did not like the corrugated steel and wanted to change it around somewhat. I thought that concrete would look good and would tie in well with the coalling tower that I built, but could not find any built this way. I could not see any reason why it could not be built like this so that is the way it will be.     I used a file to remove the ribs and textured the plastic with some course sand paper.It's the same technique I used on the coalling tower and was pleased with it.

Here are the major subassemblies ready to paint I'll try to get to that tomorrow.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread