Railfanning CSX past and present
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Nice pics guys!
Its funny. I always see pictures of Eastern roads with foriegn power from the west. Never do I see a BNSF train with NS loco in the consist.

I don't know how many railroads are leasing power right now in the current economic times. Both the BNSF and the UP have long lines of equipment parked on spare sidings all over the desert waiting for the economy to turn around. If you go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.socalrailfan.com/forums/index.php">www.socalrailfan.com/forums/index.php</a><!-- w -->? there are forums for most of the railfan locations throughout Southern California. I think they require registration to view pics, but registration is free. I went to the Cajon Pass on the BNSF and went to page 5 to a thread titled "An Exceptional Day In The Pass" by EngineCo16. This thread was put up on Sept 25, 2005, and Isaw pics of a BNFS freight with a CSX unit in the consist and another one with an NS unit in the lash up. We used to see a lot of Eastern road names on locomotives in lash up out here, but I don't think there has been enough business to require them to lease power from anyone else since last October at least.

Messages In This Thread