NW 58th St., Miami
Steve, in the end happened what I was concerned about when I started to build this layout: I got bored by the uniform look of the structures - all about the same shape and height and all concrete buildings. BTW, when you followed the link to my Plymouth Street layout, you will see that I no longer work on it. Unfortunately it did not work out as I thought it would, though building a Plymouth Street diorama is still high on my list of things to do. If you want to take a look, this is the link to my current layout: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4455">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4455</a><!-- l --> .
When I cut out openings for windows, I am scoring only from on side until right through and I only cut right through on three sides of the openings. You can just scribe the forth side and then bend and snap. When cutting openings for masonry windows I always make the openings a bit too small, so that a little cutting and sanding is necessary to make the windows fit.
Kurt

Messages In This Thread