Hello from Trainfestival 2009
We made it up in time to chase the 4449 today...
[Image: IMG_3778.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3771.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3785.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3768.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3765.jpg]

Tomorrow we'll be going into the festival...I'm really excited about seeing the Leviathan...a brand new 4-4-0.

There is a major change in the schedule up here: the 1225 has experienced problems and is now cold. The 765 will replace her on tomorrow's excursion. It is a bit sad as the previous time they were together, the 1991 NRHS Convention, the 1225 had problems and the 765 had to tow her plus 34 passenger cars through the mountains. It is always sad whenever a group of volunteers suffer through something like this. At least they've sold out all their excursions and the festival is well on its way to a huge success.

I've heard all sorts of stories about what is wrong, several of which I know can't be true as they wouldn't sideline a locomotive, but I'm under the impression that the exact problem is yet unknown from an inside source.

With the 1225 down, there will be a guest engineer for part of the trip tomorrow, Doyle McCormick of 4449 fame. My dad says that he pulled the 765's throttle back in 1980...but he grew up on the NKP and is a major reason that the NKPH&TS has a Portland chapter.

Tonight we're going to have a railfan trip to the depot at Durand, MI...and the modern 4-6-2 parked there. Earlier today, I was unsuccessful at locating the old pacific in Jackson, MI. We will have a shorter night due to the 765's excursion tomorrow.

If you see us there, say hi...
I'll be wearing a brown shirt... I'm young, 6'2 and thin. My wife is 5'10" and similar. We'll have our baby in a running stroller...probably be a part of a group of 9.
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread