Name that Layout
*Update*
I had this posted at another place and I thought I would move it over here and condence it since I am leaving there. I still dont have a for sure name, but I have some ideas. Anyways, here are some pictures of the layout, old and new. Feed back is welcome and while my updates are not frequent I try to make them worth while. Enjoy!

The time Era is present, the location is the Northwest U.S. The road names are Santa Fe, BNSF, AmTrak, BC Rail and Canadian National with a little BN thrown in later. I am looking for a town name. I want to keep it vague so I am not copying a real place. I dont want to use a real name of some where so I am trying to come up with my own. I did get a good name suggestion, Granite Flats. Keep them coming.

Here are some pics of the construction.
[Image: MVC-0001F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-0002F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-0003F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-0006F.JPG]

On the layout I am going to have a BNSF maintenance shed for my engines. Here is the manufacture of the kits picture.
[Image: 09330000002916.gif]

Here are my pictures of the completed kit. In my version I added lights and here it is at night so you can see the working lights that were installed. I still need to detail it but wont do it till its on the layout.
[Image: MVC-001F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-003F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-004F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-005F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-007F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-008F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-009F.JPG]

Some of the detialing parts that will go in the engine shed.
[Image: 04330000001665.gif]

[Image: wooa1871.jpg]

This is some dummy freight posed for the pic.
[Image: MVC-002F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-009F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-010F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-012F.JPG]

Some bridges to be used in another area.
[Image: MVC-008F.JPG]

You may remember I was working on a engine house. You can see it in the background in its roughed out location.
[Image: MVC-006F.JPG]

Here is the biggest span bridge on the whole layout. It has since been damaged after it was put in place but it is repairable. Here is a feqw pictures before it was placed.
[Image: WIDE%20SPAN.jpg]

[Image: CLOSE.jpg]

[Image: MVC-001F.JPG]

The manufacture of the kit and its picture.
[Image: 43645204630680.gif]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-120535">http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-120535</a><!-- m -->

A picture of the helix.

Another bridge span that actually drops down that allows us access to inside the layout.
[Image: 1MVC-006F.JPG]

Some up close pictures of that bridge in train fanning style.
[Image: MVC-002F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-005F.JPG]

More on the next update. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread