Van Hobbies brass CNR N-5-d 2-8-0 rebuild/ Finished pics add
While I was resizing some more photos I found a couple of more of the repaired tender.

This is the front of the tender and it shows where I had to add a small piece near the top front. When the original owner removed the oil bunker he cut the front wall off just above the raised front side sections on the tender. This left a small gap. The good and bad news was when he removed the oil bunker off the tender belonging to locomotive #2 he cut the front wall a little lower on that tender so with a little filing the piece from tender #2 was made to fit this tender. The bad news is the oil bunker for tender #2 was totally wrecked when he removed it.

Here is another right side view of the repaired tender. The only thing missing is a ladder at the rear of the oil bunker going from the tender deck to the top of the oil bunker. The tender has lost its shine and has started to tarnish from all the handling.

A picture of the full size #2760. The photo shows it with a coal tender. The N-5-d class were actually built with six wheel trucked vanderbilt tenders. CN swapped the vanderbilt tender for coal tenders from the S2 class Mikados. The S2 class got the new vanderbilt tenders. The coal tenders given to the N-5-ds like the one pictured above were later modified to except the oil bunkers as the N-5-d class were all converted to oil burners later in their life.

Wayne R

Messages In This Thread