Poll: Should I paint a single E44A Conrail Blue, or Conrail Patch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Black, because it would match the other two E44s
57.14%
12 57.14%
Blue, because it adds variety and color (and/or we're not Penn Central fans)
42.86%
9 42.86%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Looking for your opinion
Hey guys!

Let me start off that I'm just looking for opinions. I know its my model, and i can do with it whatever i want, but i am curious to see what you guys think would be the most ideal-

I just recently got a hold of three Brass E44A locomotive models. I can pretty much guarantee I'll never find or afford these again, so i wanted to make sure i choose wisely.

basically, i was already into electric railroads, but there was a photo that i really liked of three black E44s pulling a train in New Jersey that REALLY got me to go down the road of electric railroad.

on the other hand, the dark paint really obscures alot of the details. Its not that it covers them, but they were shallow to begin with, and flat black paint really makes them blend in with their surroundings. I figured one blue engine would be a nice change of pace and a realistic one. however, it ruins my 5 year dream of a three black unit match up.

A pair of black ones or a black and blue pair looks fine, but my mind seem unwilling to accept a three locomotive set with one blue loco mixed in.

given the limited choices, what would you do?

here are pictures for reference-

this is the original photo that got me hooked-

[Image: 2354.1157428800.jpg]

this is the unit i'd do if i painted one blue. its the earliest blue E44A i could find.

[Image: pictures%5C23339%5Cq43.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread