Any Canadians here?
I am stuart Warren from Renfrew Ontario
HO scale
Canadian National is the railway of choice
but I model a leasing company so i do not have to be 100 percent correct
Imy layout is a Lshape train yard ( no longer have the space for the 200 square foot layout divorce killed my empire plans lol)
measures 8 feet long x 18 inches wide the short span is 6 feet 6 inches long by 18 inches wide
it is ashelf plan, 5/8 pressed board with 2 inches of foam on top for a base
fleet includes
Kato, Atlas, altas with kato drives, athearn blue box and RTR, bachman spectrum and bachmann plus models for motive power
since it is a leasing fleet the power dates from late 1940 NW2 models to Sd70mac, geeps 7,9,30,40,50, and 60, dd 40 ( athearn model close enough for me makes a great switcher ) Sd 40s, Dash 9
the gp 40 include some new to me units that were kitted out for CN with the saftey cab, or Canadian Cab depending how you look at it, I will not call it the wide cab as that drives some people crazy as it is not a wide load
even has true leasing powers LMS dash 8-40cw by bachmann spectrums
my personal fav as i got to tour one of them on the CN( former ICRR line thru Iowa when I lived in Aurelia Iowa before my divorce and moving back to Canada. One of the units was picking up cars at the local co-op and the crew invited me to look inside late one night ( a thrill for me at 33 years of age)

the fleet is varied and I like it that way
I now live back in Canada
In Renfrew Ontario just a few blocks from the former CN line that ran from Ottawa to Barry's Bay Ontario, and a few blocks up the street from the Ottawa Valley Railroad ( former CP main line thru Ontario to Western Canada ) around MP 58.9 give or take a 100 meters

So any other Canadian modellers here?
any CN fans or IC fans?

great site so far I enjoy this group of people
Stuart

Messages In This Thread