Stripping the paint off...
Hey guys,

7 of the 9 Bachmann 70-Toners arrived this afternoon for my Modesto & Empire Traction Company Engine Project (which is in the Blogs forum, see thread The Motive Power of the Modesto & Empire Traction Company). I ordered 9 of the green ones since Bachmann doesnt offer them in undecorated gray plastic. These ones are painted green with yellow handrails and black frames

I need to strip these down to the plastic, and i wanna hear what you guys use and do when you have to strip something. I want this to be as easy and painless as possible lol. I dont mind them sitting for a day or 2 in a solution, as long as i dont have to sit there and scrub the paint off of them. I have 9 of these to do, so im looking for something fairly easy and painless. I know im probably going to have to do some scrubbing, but i wanna get some stuff that does most of the work for me if you know what i mean LOL

So what do you guys use to strip paint?

I took a few pics of the 70-Toners, i couldnt resist, i opened the box and saw the 7 of them sitting there, i just had to pull 2 of them out, set up a few coalporters and make a small train on my photo diorama LOL

[Image: SL373459.jpg]

[Image: SL373461.jpg]

[Image: SL373462.jpg]

[Image: SL373464.jpg]

[Image: SL373465.jpg]

[Image: SL373467.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread