MOW supplies
I have a small area at the end of my yard I would like to detail with MOW and other supplies. There is a pic below. The three tracks on the right are the main, receiving and departure tracks, joining together. The track on the embankment to the left is the yard runaround track. Inbetween are three stub ended tracks, two of which are cut shorter than the one which extends into the pic. The white styrene bit you see between the runaround track and the stub ended yard track will be a service road, it is descending from crossing over that runaround track. So, this is the area available to me.

Here is a pic facing the other way. That ramp coming from the crossing can be seen well, and the three stub tracks. The styrene bits next to the longer stub track are to provide a level base for a platform. About where the two shorter stub tracks end, I had started a decline to enhabce the appearance of the embankment. So I've leveled it out here.

So my question is: If I was to store 40' lenghts of rail here, would a jib crane be used to load on flatcars? For other supplies a short platform to access a boxcar door? I think I've seen pics of barrels of spikes. They must be incredibly heavy. How are they moved? What else can anyone recommend?

I have a few small structures I started for other scenes but never finished because I changed my mind. I might be able to use them here.

Any and all help, links to pics, etc is very welcome!

Gary

Messages In This Thread