Has anybody here had much experience with Vista?
My new computer came loaded with the Vista software, but also offered a free up grade to Windows 7 when it came out. I went to the web site that Fry's gave me and ordered the up grade and faxed in my proof of purchase. I have received an email from the vendor saying that I am fully qualified to receive the free up grade and that they will send out a disc with the soft ware. I'm just not sure if I want to up grade right away or sit on it for a while to see what sort of bugs Microsoft left in Windows 7 and if they are worse than the bugs in Vista. I'm sorry but my experience with Microsoft is that they are incapable of coming out with bug free software. You may notice some of my posts seem to have letters missing from words until I catch them and edit. I wanted a wireless keyboard and mouse, but the store only had a Microsoft version in stock, no Logitech's left. I bought the Microsoft, but when my wife got her new computer, we got her a Logitech. I wish I had waited. The problem with the Microsoft compared to Logitech is that when you hit a key on Logitech, an over center spring seems to cause it to type the letter or character immediately. The Microsoft requires me to hit the keys so hard it feels like I'm literally pounding the key board to get it to produce a letter. I guess it is like the difference between playing an electronic keyboard or and organ, compared to an acoustic piano.

Messages In This Thread