Has anybody here had much experience with Vista?
The free up grade is the home edition and my Vista is also the home edition, so no problems there. I also understand that the windows 7 up grade install right over the top of Vista but underneath existing data, but if you are up grading from XP or older, you need to save everything and then do a clean install and reload all software and data. My understanding is that the primary reason for the business community to totally reject Vista was that none of the older software would run on Vista and much of the older programs were simply not available in the Vista format. Just before I retired, the dealer I worked for replaced all of the desk top P.C.'s and went to new software to track sales, repairs, parts sales, inventory, and payroll. Virtually everything the company spent money for or made money on was in tracked by the software. The total cost for the software alone was something in the neighborhood of $750k if I remember correctly. Three years later they are not going to buy new computers that require them to buy new software and input all data!

Messages In This Thread