Just some freight cars
Gary, that was no B.S., but I'm sure that you already knew that. Wink

We each have our own idea of what we want to accomplish: sometimes we get it right, and other times we don't. However, another person looking at the same thing could be very impressed or, just as easily, not impressed one bit. Of course, it's always nice to hear favourable comments from others, but the main person to impress is yourself.

We've all done stuff of which we're proud, but even those things, as our skills improve or tastes change, may someday seem not so impressive to us. And, of course, the same can be said for what we see from others: I dislike cars covered in graffiti, but am still impressed by a modeller who can depict it well.

I've been called a rivet-counter in some circles (I take it as a compliment, but that's mainly because of all the other things I've been called) Misngth but in truth I only try to depict a car that is at least somewhat believeable. Just because it has metal grabirons doesn't mean that the car is accurate for its roadname, or that the number is even correct. If I have the opportunity to be correct, though, I will strive for it, and, to be really honest, I have counted rivets, :geek: literally, :ugeek: Eek when trying to match a photo - it's an aid to placing details accurately.

All of this means only that we're all, each in our own way, enjoying the hobby.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread