I Saw A Train Today!
Those tank cars pictured without a facility are on a "team track". A great example for model railroaders here. You DON'T NEED TO HAVE A BUILDING TO HAVE A SIDING.

All you need - in MY opionion - is a scrap (or new) piece of flex track and a bumper of some sort. Why flex track Steve? I'll tell you. Go look at just about any "non-customer" siding on a railroad. Not quite "mainline tangent" (straight as ruler) is it? With a piece of flex you can put "little imperfections" in that siding with a bumper on the end "for good looks". Put some slight "back and forth" curves in there. You can't do that with sectional track. The idea here is that sidings are not mainlines. They should not look the same.

All sorts of products are loaded and unloaded on a team track. These tracks are used by customers located away from the railroad who want to use the railroad to ship and receive their products by rail. Some examples are:

Tank cars used for any liqued product such as liqued fertilizer.

Flat cars for just about anything including lumber or farm equipment.

Gondolas for loading pipe, rail or ties (MOW purposes) and phone poles.

The trick here is to use your imagination. If you put a loading dock with a ramp on this siding, you can unload boxcars as well. That's plenty of ideas for a siding with no building.

Sorry to go on and on Nope But that's my modeling tip of the day.
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!

Messages In This Thread