Puddlejumper's 2010 Bash Challenge
Well finally time for me to join in. I have 5 cabooses that I want to kitbash, much like the ones Ralph and E-paw did, but they are stashed away for now and I can't get them. Then Nachoman started his passenger car bash and I thought "I have one of those and I really like that narrow vestibule... " but then I saw Sumpter's crane and thought "Hmm... MOW equipment has definite bashing possibilities..."

Well I decided to go my own way and not bore you guys by copying someone else's challenge. I am going to use leftover parts from a couple of locomotive kitbashes I have done to make an ALCo RS-11B unit. I'm not certain, but I don't think there were any prototype RS11 B units made.

Here is the Bachmann Spectrum Baby Trainmaster Chassis that I will be starting with. I have modified the frame by milling down the thickness of the frame rails to fit into the RS11 body.

[Image: DSC_0303.jpg]

I had an Atlas RS11 body in my junk bin...

[Image: DSC_0304.jpg]

My plan is to blank off the cab area and bend new handrails. I can use the FM trucks, which are similar to the ALCo trucks, or I have some Bachmann Spectrum EMD Blomberg trucks from a GP30. I am not sure which I am going to use but I am leaning toward the FM trucks.
-Dave

Messages In This Thread