Industries with tank cars
My new layout is fairly small, and nowhere near the size of my last one. So Im pretty limited to the amount of industry I can have on it, as I dont want it too crowded.

I have one area thats gonna be a pretty decent sized grain elevator. Its a simple one track spur with a large elevator. I know there are uses for tank cars in the grain indusrty, such as with ethonal, and there are industries using both grain and tank cars, but would there ever be some sort of need for a tank car at a grain elevator, maybe if they do more than just store the grain, I just dont want to have to add many other structures to the scene in order for a tank car to "fit in".
I also have another area on the layout with two spurs, and Im not completly sure what will go here, but would there be a need for a tank car at a paper plant?

I have industries that will be requiring open hoppers, boxcars, lumber cars, grain cars, flatcars, but Im kinda just wondering what kinds of industries would require a tank car, so I can add to the mix of what I can run.

Messages In This Thread