doctorwayne's Spring Bash Challenge II...
Tom Wrote:VERY cool. Are you going to paint this car in Grand Valley red, white & black?

Thanks, Tom. Goldth This caboose is going to be an EG&E one - I'd post a photo of the other one in service (unmodified) but I don't seem to have one :oops: and Deano owns the caboose now. 35 Here's an EG&E cupola-style caboose, which is the same dark green that I plan on using for the current project, most likely with a dark grey roof and black underbody, but much smaller lettering.

I currently have no Grand Valley cabooses, so my next project will to build a number of cabooses, all cupola-style and all wood (styrene) bodies. I figure 6 for the Grand Valley (probably in the red/white & black scheme), 4 or 5 for the Erie Northshore (in yellow & black), one for the Grand River Southern - paint colours undecided (this one is to go with a loco currently sorta under construction), and one for the TH&B (dark boxcar red).
The latter one will be done from photos of the prototype,and mostly scratchbuilt, while the others will be free-lanced, and based on the floor and underframe of the Athearn cupola caboose - I have no desire to scratchbuild steps for that many cabooses, so they'll be "parts-built" rather than scratchbuilt. Goldth My plan is to make several variations of the same style, with details to suit each particular road, all of which are owned or controlled by the EG&E.
My "historical background" for the Grand Valley steel cabooses in service around Canada and the U.S. (along with those SW1200RS diesels), is that they're the modern-day, relatively-speaking, replacements for the wooden ones on which I'm about to begin construction.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread