Stumped. Tsunami installation into P2K GP9
Hi guys. I could really use some help.

I am trying to install a Tsunami TSU GN 1000 into my P2K GP9. So far I've manged to wire the motor wires and the speaker wires. That's it.

The wiring schematic that came with the instructions shows wiring for two wires from each pickup or truck. Problem is, I only have one "black" wire coming from each truck. The P2K also has one lone red wire that is screwed to the frame.

Here is a picture of what I have so far... try to be kind...this is the first time I've tried installing one of these. Misngth

[Image: DSC03591.jpg]

So...Got the motor wired up. Got the speakers wired up...now what? :oops:

The Tsunami instructions that came with the decoder show a two pick up wires for each truck. Seen here...

[Image: TSU-GN1000Instructions.jpg]

Nosing around on the web I have found various sources of information, but I can be a dunder head at times even when the answer is staring at me right in the face. I found the Litchfield Station website to be of some use.

From the site,

Quote:The speaker was installed in the shell and connected to the two-pin connector MALE side.The speaker was sealed to the shell with bathtub caulk. The decoder was installed with the LEDs wired with the anode to one rail and returned to the function pad with a 750 ohm series resistor. The capacitor is secured above the front truck with double sided tape.

...it then goes on to say...

Quote:We did this install before the TSU-AT1000 Atlas light board version of the SoundTraxx Tsunami was available. In 2009, we would use that decoder for four reasons - lower price, more accurate sound, easier light connections and programming without using indexed CVs. The LEDs would be wired between the lighting pads on the board, not to one rail!

Does this mean I can wire up the Truck leads to the board directly to the decoder then "splice" the red wire to the corresponding pad on the decoder. Just for the sake of argument let say the red wire bolted to the frame is for the right pick up. Assuming the red wire screwed to the frame is meant as an electrical pickup for both trucks. Am I even close?

If I can figure this part out I can manage the rest...I think... :oops:

Sorry...I think on the fly a lot... I suppose I could investigate further and eliminate the red wire screwed to the frame and just isolate and run a red wire wire from one side of the trucks. The key word, and being able to isolate the the right and left side pick ups.

Messages In This Thread