The Quality of train shows today
The train show out here are pretty much train oriented to an extent. I don't remember seeing rc toys. There is the 1/24 scale die cast cars, but that is offered as details for large scale. My complaint would be that my interest is strictly ho scale. Some of the shows I've been to have 90% of the vendors catering to large scale and Lionel with 10% focused on n-scale. I have actually been to a couple of shows in the past that did not have one single vendor selling anything for ho scale! Of course the only thing I look to buy at the shows is stuff that I can't get from my local hobby shop. In the past I've picked up locomotive shells out of "grab boxes" for kit bash material. I usually get tools from the train shows. Occasionally I get a locomotive that my local shop does not carry, a couple of undecorated Bachmann GE 70 tonners at the last show for instance,
but new locomotives that I can get from my local train shop, I don't generally buy. I've seen too many of the guys pick up what they thought was a deal, only to put it on our layout and find out that it didn't work.

Messages In This Thread