The Quality of train shows today
Well this past weekend and I bet it was the same show tomustang was at The Allentown Train Show and I felt the same way you did, A never ending sea of Orange & Blue Lionel boxes with the occasional table of HO "junk" with a few choice items sprinkled in here and there. All in all not a bad day but not good enough to make me want to ever go back.
While I was there I picked up a flier about a new train show Howard Zane is promoting at the Turf Valley Resort in Ellicott city MD. Nov. 27th & 28th Never been there but looks like a pretty nice place. From what I was told at the show its geared towards pretty much everything show all scale, tin plate, memorabilia, etc. Now don't get me wrong I love the Timonium show and try and make as many as I can throughout the year but some times the timing isn't right and lord knows this year the weather wasn't cooperating so maybe a show a little earlier in the fall isn't such a bad idea. Hey I might just drag the wife along so she can do her Christmas shopping....... Icon_lol
For me if i wanted to see toys I would go to a toy show I want to see trains when I go to a train show not radio controlled flying Elmo dolls... Shoot

http://www.tvmts.com/
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Messages In This Thread